Deadline for application: Friday 27th July 2018
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Internship: One Undergraduate student on Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme SIWES Volunteering: One High School leaver awaiting admission into tertiary institution, and One Youth Corp member).
Report To: Resident Coordinator, Nation Builders Centre, University of Ibadan
Unit: Nation Builders Centre, University of Ibadan
Building Nations Initiative –BNI (formerly Better Nigeria Initiative) is a youth-led youth work and community development association that is committed to strengthening communities through the education, empowerment and engagement of young people as change agents in their respective communities. Established in 2009 as a students’ association at the University of Ibadan, BNI later restructured into a youth-led association of young development practitioners that are committed to empowering young people as nation builders.
In commemoration of our 8th years of existence, we are inspired to establish a values learning and skills development centre for young people (age 11-35). The community youth centre named Nation Builders Centre, is envisioned to be a platform for raising responsible young leaders that will be the builder of a better society. BNI shall harness the Nation Builder Centre as a platform for creating opportunities for creative citizenship and youth civic engagement, while ensuring that the best of our national values are transmitted across generations. The pioneer Nation Builders Centre commence operations on Monday 28th August 2017 at the University of Ibadan. The centre serves as a platform for strengthening the commitment of BNI to nation building through positive youth development.
Vision: To raise a new generation of young people that will be the builder of a better society.
Mission Statement: To be a leading platform for positive development of young people.
The Administrative Assistant (Nation Builders Centre) provides administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the Centre and Programmes. This assistance includes tasks related to project/weekly programs delivery, scheduling of training/classes, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, financial management; correspondence, and, travel/fieldtrips/excursions arrangements.
Projects & Events:
- Assists with the coordination of daily classes and weekly programs, including internal and external meetings and events:
- Provides administrative support during project and weekly programs delivery
- Supporting BNI Team to prepare presentations and documents
- Event management, including finding and booking venues, preparing guest lists, issuing invitations and handling enquiries
- Coordinating logistics such as catering, audio visual arrangements, folders, nametags etc Supporting monitoring and evaluation (coordinating surveys, data etc)
- Coordinates official travel, field trips, Community entry and Outreach visitations for BNI team and programme participants
- Maintains Contact details of all BNI Members (Campus and Community Networks), BNI Fellows, Country Representatives and Development Partners.
Admin & Finance:
- Assists with administrative tasks including:
- Process invoices and payments, and follows up on transactions as necessary
- Assists with preparation of contracts for consultants and procurement
- Maintains an efficient filing system
- Handles email and phone enquiries
- Carries out any other appropriate duties as required for the efficient operation of the organisation in a continually evolving environment.
Intern: University or Polytechnic student (Penultimate or Final Year) on Student Industrial Work Scheme (SIWES).
Volunteers: High School Leaver awaiting admission to tertiary institution and Youth Corp member.
Applicant must be resident inside or around University of Ibadan environs e.g. Ajibode Community, Agbowo, Samonda, Bodija, Ojo etc.
- University and Polytechnic student must be undertaking a course in Social Sciences or Management.
- High personal standards of excellence.
- Demonstrated commitment to the core values of the Building Nations Initiative (BNI)
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Administrative and organisational abilities, including an eye for detail.
- Report writing skills, and proven ability to adhere to required timeframes and standards.
- Numerically literate & technologically savvy.
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams, and in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
Remuneration and Benefit:
Intern: Monthly stipend to support transport and lunch. FREE participation in any Paid training opportunity of choice at the Nation Builders Centre e.g. Certificate Program in Language for Humanitarian Diplomacy LAHD. etc.
Volunteers: Lunch and FREE participation in any Paid training opportunity of choice at the Nation Builders Centre e.g. Certificate Program in Language for Humanitarian Diplomacy LAHD etc.
To apply kindly submit a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com on or before Friday 27th July 2018 with Email Subject Title ‘Application for Administrative Assistant (Nation Builders Centre)