Established in 2018, The West African Youth Exchange Council is a coalition of youth led organisations within West Africa that are committed to promoting exchanges of young people within the West Africa region. WAYEC exist to contribute to the development of the competences and skills set of young people towards becoming active global citizens.
Through integrated programming among partners, WAYEC will contribute to the implementation of the Article 20 item 1(g) of the African Union Youth Charter which recognized a need for youth exchange program that will promote inter-cultural awareness between young people and youth organisations within and across member States. WAYEC and her partners exist to contribute to furthering with the visions and objectives of Agenda 2063, ECOWAS Youth Policy and the African Youth Decade Plan of Action 2009-2018, and of regional and national youth policies in African countries for youth empowerment and development. The coalition will also contribute on a regional level to building on and strengthening partnerships and cooperation within the West African region (as expressed in the SDG 2030 Agenda, Goal 17)
Commencement Programs at WAYEC:
- One Week Cultural Immersion program: The residential cultural immersion program features field trips and learning visits to diplomatic, and development practice organizations, tourist sites as well as local markets.
- Two Weeks Short Term Cultural Immersion and Development Practice (CIDP): The CIDP Program features two weeks residential cultural immersion engagement while interning on a short term engagement in a local NGO academic, corporate or government based organizations in the host country.
- Four Weeks WAYEC Internship: The Four weeks WAYEC internship offers young people the opportunity of cultural immersion engagement while volunteering as an Intern in a local NGO, academic, corporate or government based organizations in the host country.
Cultural Immersion Program to Benin Republic
Goal : to strengthen the use of acquired French language skill by participants of the Language for Humanitarian Diplomacy program in Nigeria through cultural immersion exercise in a French speaking country, Benin Republic.
Date: Sunday 24th June 2018 to Thursday 28th June 2018.
Sending Organization: Building Nations Initiative (BNI), Ibadan, Nigeria
Receiving Organization: VIP World, Cotonou, Benin Republic.
Host Organisation: West African Youth Exchange Council.
Participants Feedback: Kindly watch the Participants feedback video here LAHD Cultural Immersion Program to Benin Republic
- LAHD Cultural Immersion Program to Benin Republic: October 2018 (Proposed)
- Cultural Immersion Program to Nigeria (For Benin Republic English Language Participants): November 2018 (proposed)
- Ghana-Nigeria Cultural Immersion Youth Exchange Program: November/December 2018 (proposed)
For more information kindly contact
WAYEC Secretariat (2018-2021),
First Floor, John Paul Building,
Opposite University Bookshop,
University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Tel: +2347066387876, +2348126747236